- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon puree*(about a quarter of a 4 lb. melon)
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/4 inch slice fresh ginger, grated
- Plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 to 2 tsp. honey
- Shredded lime peel (optional)
- Plain or flavored sparkling water
- Frozen Melon Drink Skewers (recipe below)
1. In blender container combine melon puree, ice cubes, ginger, a teaspoon or two of yogurt, and honey. Blend just until mixture is frothy and smooth. Pour into serving glass. Add additional honey to adjust sweetness. Stir in lime peel to taste. Add sparkling water to fill glass. Serve with Frozen Melon Drink Skewers. Serve immediately.
*To Puree Melon: Coarsely chop melon and transfer to blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. If needed, stop motor and press fruit down into blades with rubber spatula or spoon and continue to blend until smooth.
**Frozen Melon Drink Skewers: Using a small melon baller, scoop cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon into balls. Or use a knife to cut melons into cubes or 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Thread melon balls and wedges onto wooden skewers. Arrange on parchment-or waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 to 4 hour or until firm. Makes 1 (16-ounce) serving.
- Total Fat (g)1,
- Sodium (mg)57,
- Carbohydrate (g)21,
- Fiber (g)2,
- Protein (g)2,
- Vitamin C (DV%)142,
- Calcium (DV%)4,
- Iron (DV%)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe by Better Homes and Gardens